The team at Kara comprises a group of experienced and passionate early childhood practitioners with extensive experience in all areas of child development, classroom management, theories of learning, planning, assessment, paediatric first aid, emergency management, special needs and more . . .
At Kara, children's learning experiences are designed to make each child a lifelong learner and to feel there is a reason to learn; that someone cares what they discover; is interested in their creations; wants to hear their point of view. To achieve this level of intimacy and trust, the child has to feel ‘known’ and appreciated. The success or failure of this objective depends largely on the educator/carer and his/her level of competencies.
Kara’s faculty therefore comprises professionally qualified, Kara certified early years’ specialists who have extensive experience in teaching and childcare at both national and international levels. In addition to this, each member of the team brings their own unique understanding of young children - from behaviour and learning styles, to technology and special needs - and is united by a single objective:
- To respect the ideas, potential and values each child brings into the school
- To build on individual creativity and experience
- To make the child feel valued, safe and nurtured
- To put the 'home' back into the school environment
- To include parents in all areas of learning
- To establish relationships based on trust
- To enjoy and nurture the child as an individual
- To know how to intervene and create maximum opportunities for thinking and learning
- To be attentive and available
- To maintain the highest standards of health, safety and hygiene
- To actively participate in all professional development programmes
- To be accountable to all stakeholders and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and trust