- 1. Language Development – to understand how to comprehend, speak, read and write; to communicate.
- 2. Scientific Development – to understand how to explore, to classify and observe the world in which we live; to question.
- 3. Creative Development – to understand how to take risks and experiment by applying new ‘learning’ to different applications; to design.
- 4. Mathematical Development – to understand how to estimate, calculate and enumerate; to think.
- 5. Social Development – to understand how to manage relationships, to function successfully within a social context; family, school and community; to thrive.
- 6. Physical Development – to understand the senses and respect the body through practising a healthy lifestyle; to do.
All subjects are taught using a wide range of teaching methodologies customised to meet the needs of each individual child. These theories of learning - Montessori, Reggio Emilio, Howard Gardner’s MI, Brain-based learning and Play-way – are then integrated into the Kara4Kids curriculum to ensure optimum understanding is achieved for every student. This is Learning by Design.
Kara’s Learning by Doing is then further supplemented by a range of age-appropriate workbooks and portfolios that make the levels of understanding achieved clearly visible to the child, teacher and parents.